If you are purchasing a business or property in Thailand, the law requires that you register a Thai limited company.
Company Formation Requirements
- The minimum requirement for one work permit is a 2m baht Ltd Co.
- 2 x Copies of the front page of your passport and visa page, each copy signed by yourself.
- 5 x Copies of house registrations and I.D. cards of your Thai shareholders.
- 3 x Company names, in order of preference. The company name does not have to be the same as your trading name.
- Minimum number of shareholders is 7. i.e. one foreigner, 6 Thai.
- 2,000,000 baht Ltd. Co.: 40,000 baht
- 4,000,000 baht Ltd. Co.: 50,000 baht
- 6,000,000 baht Ltd. Co.: 70,000 baht
Inclusive registration, company stamp and service charges. Exclusive v.a.t.
If you have decided to make Thailand your home, the procedure is as follows;
On arrival, we will process the paperwork to register a Thai Ltd Company for you (details below), which will take approximately 3 weeks. Once your registration is approved, we will apply for a 1 year non-immigrant B visa, followed by your application for a work permit. Due to recent changes implemented by local government, it could take up to 3 months for a work permit to be approved. During this period you cannot legally work in Thailand.
Whilst the following requirements may seem complicated, please note that we will deal with the majority of them on your behalf.